Tuesday 24 January 2012

Bring On Term 1!!!

6 more days until school goes back!! Did I get that right? I think so lol. 

That means only 6 more days until I am a ball of blubbering mummy mess as I kiss my baby girl goodbye and leave her at kindy for her official first day.

It also means I will be child free for the first time in 10years.. yes, 10 years!!! It is going to feel so very weird, but I am sure I will adapt lol

That is not to say I'm not going to miss my mini monsters. I love school holidays and would keep them home with me forever if I could, but there will definitely be a few benefits to having 2 full days with no children at home!! 

For one thing, my food shopping will be cheaper and quicker... I swear my grocery bill has tripled over the holidays!! Having two growing boys aged 8 & 10yrs is soooo expensive!! We were going through so much milk and cheese it probably would have been cheaper to just go buy a cow!!! Then there are all the "extras" that seem to magically appear in the trolley... K-Zone magazines, play-doh (that would be my miss 4yo) kinder surprise eggs, colouring books, reading books (I made the mistake of saying within their hearing that I don't mind buying them books as they are educational.. they use it against me every time!! lol)

There will also be far less dishes to do... for the last six weeks the words "put your dirty glass on the sink" has probably come out of my mouth a dozen times a day!! My darling mini monsters are just like their dad, they don't seem to understand the concept of rinsing and re using a glass.. It drives me nuts lol. Oh and maybe, just maybe, I wont sit on a plate of vegemite toast that got left on the couch under one of my beautiful faux fur throw rugs!! I was so unimpressed with that episode of school holidays, though I can laugh about it now lol  

My house will stay cleaner... well I hope so anyways :P lol... Oh, who am I kidding, that is not going to happen until they have left home!!! LOL

I will have more time to sew Berry Girl dolls!! That one I am rather excited about lol. I might finally have time to experiment with a few designs I have drawn but not turned into anything as of yet. So many ideas tumbling around inside my head, I can't wait to bring them to life and share with you. 


Two full days to myself, with no children, sounds so heavenly right now, and while I know I will miss my mini monsters like crazy, I really must say Bring On Term 1!!!







No comments:

Post a Comment